Newsmaker: Jason Broadwater
Noteworthy: Duquesne University officials named Broadwater assistant dean of the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts. He will lead Duquesne's student recruitment and marketing campaigns along with its print and web communication and social media presence.
Residence: Mount Pleasant, Westmoreland County
Family: wife, Rachael; son, Jackson
Background: Served as director of student and enrollment services at the Fayette campus of Penn State. Previously, he served as student services coordinator at West Virginia University's P.I. Reed School of Journalism and undergraduate admissions counselor at WVU in charge of East Coast recruitment territories. In 2005, Broadwater developed the Andy B Fund through the Pittsburgh Foundation in honor of his late brother, Andrew Broadwater. The fund has raised more than $40,000 for pediatric cancer research, awareness and support.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communication from Bethany College, W.V.; master's degree in integrated marketing communication from West Virginia University.
Quote: “Here at Duquesne, we serve God by serving students. I buy into that 100 percent. I'm tremendously blessed to be part of this community. It aligns well with my personal beliefs.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto works to smooth path for business ties with Cuba
- U.S. Marshals task force arrests homicide suspect in Monroeville
- Bethel Park teacher’s profane tweet raises eyebrows
- $750K earmarked to help Allegheny County ‘Live Well’
- Police seek help finding missing Squirrel Hill man
- Newsmaker: Doug Ogden
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children