Newsmaker: Jason Broadwater
Noteworthy: Duquesne University officials named Broadwater assistant dean of the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts. He will lead Duquesne's student recruitment and marketing campaigns along with its print and web communication and social media presence.
Residence: Mount Pleasant, Westmoreland County
Family: wife, Rachael; son, Jackson
Background: Served as director of student and enrollment services at the Fayette campus of Penn State. Previously, he served as student services coordinator at West Virginia University's P.I. Reed School of Journalism and undergraduate admissions counselor at WVU in charge of East Coast recruitment territories. In 2005, Broadwater developed the Andy B Fund through the Pittsburgh Foundation in honor of his late brother, Andrew Broadwater. The fund has raised more than $40,000 for pediatric cancer research, awareness and support.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communication from Bethany College, W.V.; master's degree in integrated marketing communication from West Virginia University.
Quote: “Here at Duquesne, we serve God by serving students. I buy into that 100 percent. I'm tremendously blessed to be part of this community. It aligns well with my personal beliefs.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Newsmaker: Kate Groschner
- Porch roof collapses in Pitcairn
- Propel Braddock school bans backpacks, to add metal detectors
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors