Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Noteworthy: Duquesne University awarded Roberts its Eugene P. Beard Award for Leadership in Ethics.
Family: Husband, Cannon; and son, Cooper, 13, and Kieran, 5.
Occupation: Director of Duquesne's Honors College and an associate professor in the Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Background: Teaches religious education at St. Bonaventure Church in Shaler and has prepared 68 students for confirmation since 2010. She serves on the finance board of the National Communication Association, the executive council of the Eastern Communication Association and on the board of the Daisy Wilson Artists Community.
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, 1993; master's in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, 1995; doctorate concentrating in sociolinguistics from Indiana University Bloomington, 2001.
Quote: “Some of the people who won this award previously are ones that I have looked up to for a long time, and I couldn't accomplish anything as a teacher without the amazing support of colleagues, staff, family and friends.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships