Newsmaker: Laura Ellsworth
Noteworthy: Ellsworth, partner-in-charge of the Pittsburgh office of the Jones Day law firm, was named the 2013 Greater Pittsburgh Athena Award winner. The Athena Award honors local women in business.
Residence: Diamond Run
Family: Husband: Bruce; son: Matthew
Background: Ellsworth is vice chair of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, chair of the Pennsylvania Economy League of Greater Pittsburgh and chair of the United Way Women's Leadership Council.
Education: J.D. magna cum laude from University of Pittsburgh, 1983; B.A. in U.S. history and Japanese art history from Princeton University, 1980.
Quote: “(The Athena Award) was a great reaffirmation of the fact that our true purpose on this earth is to serve others and to grow the next generation, whether that be within our own business, within our own community or within our own family.”
Add Megan Harris to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Homestead struggles to pick up pieces left by devastating fire
- Proposed Ross housing development revised to answer critics
- Commander: City police working to improve accountability
- Man arrested in massive Homestead fire
- Tribune-Review photojournalist Goldband wins 1st place in national competition
- Newsmaker: Jeff Reinbold
- Bethel Park boy named honorary police officer dies
- Jan. 31 fundraiser to aid Homestead’s recovery from fire