Pregnant driver high on marijuana, returning from baby shower, police say
A pregnant York County woman will be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana as a result of being stopped by Stewartstown police as she drove from her baby shower “after-party,” police said.
Chastaine Edleblute, 21, of Scout Camp Road in Chanceford Township, faces charges of DUI of a controlled substance, marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, Stewartstown police said.
According to police, an officer pulled over Edleblute at 12:18 a.m. Sunday after spotting her on Winterstown Road at Oak Ridge Avenue in Winterstown driving a Buick sedan with a fraudulent license plate.
The officer could smell alcohol and the odor of burned marijuana coming from the Buick, police said.
Edleblute said she was returning from the after-party of her baby shower and that she is nine months pregnant.
When asked if she'd been drinking, Edleblute told the officer, “I would never drink alcohol during my pregnancy,” according to police.
Asked if she had smoked pot, Edleblute told the officer that she had, about 45 minutes earlier, police said.
She was then arrested, as was rear-seat passenger Nathan Burns, 23, of South Elm Avenue in Yoe.
Police charged Burns for allegedly furnishing alcohol to Steven Stine, who was sitting in the front seat.
It's the second time since July that Burns has been charged with giving alcohol to a minor, according to police.
The officer searched the Buick and seized open containers of alcohol, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Photo Gallery: Junior Great Race
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Water service restored to CMU campus
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Job prospects drawing workers to Western Pennsylvania
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- City of Pittsburgh detective, boys finalize adoption before judge
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes
- Coach accused in $2,400 theft from Baldwin Hockey Club