Newsmaker: Dan Robinson
Noteworthy: Allegheny County Manager Willy McKain this week honored Robinson with the county's third Exemplary Employee Award, which is presented periodically throughout the year in recognition of exceptional achievements by a county employee or employee group.
Residence: Penn Hills
Family: Daughters, Vachelle and Danielle; grandchildren, Trevon, Tyrese and Jasmine.
Occupation: Manager of the Director's Action Line within the Department of Human Services. It fields and addresses concerns and complaints from consumers of county services and investigates them when necessary.
Background: An Alabama native, Robinson moved to Pittsburgh in 1972. He worked in the mental health field at the former Braddock Hospital beginning in 1976 and later at UPMC McKeesport, where he still works part-time as a mental health specialist. Robinson became a case worker with the county's department of Children, Youth and Services in 1997 and moved to the Department of Human Services two years later as a program specialist. He became manager of the Director's Action Line in 2002.
Education: Bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “I see this as a recognition and validation of the work we do here in this office.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ferrante trial: Doctor couldn’t figure out what made Klein so sick
- Port Authority steps loser to linking Oakland and Downtown, makes switch from Highmark to Aetna
- Pittsburgh’s Veterans Day parade moves to Saturday
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Unexpected work delays Allegheny health department’s move into former morgue
- VA promotion for administrator stuns legislator
- Man shot, killed after leaving West End bar early Friday
- Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
- Newsmaker: Stephen J. Bagnato Jr.
- Contempt citation sought by state against Highmark for alleged violation of deal with UPMC
- Move-in begins at new homes on site of Hill District housing project