Newsmaker: Dan Robinson
Noteworthy: Allegheny County Manager Willy McKain this week honored Robinson with the county's third Exemplary Employee Award, which is presented periodically throughout the year in recognition of exceptional achievements by a county employee or employee group.
Residence: Penn Hills
Family: Daughters, Vachelle and Danielle; grandchildren, Trevon, Tyrese and Jasmine.
Occupation: Manager of the Director's Action Line within the Department of Human Services. It fields and addresses concerns and complaints from consumers of county services and investigates them when necessary.
Background: An Alabama native, Robinson moved to Pittsburgh in 1972. He worked in the mental health field at the former Braddock Hospital beginning in 1976 and later at UPMC McKeesport, where he still works part-time as a mental health specialist. Robinson became a case worker with the county's department of Children, Youth and Services in 1997 and moved to the Department of Human Services two years later as a program specialist. He became manager of the Director's Action Line in 2002.
Education: Bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “I see this as a recognition and validation of the work we do here in this office.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Dense fog slows Western Pa. morning rush hour
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Pirates bow out of postseason in quiet fashion
- Photos offer clue to assailant in fatal North Side Pittsburgh stabbling
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Ground broken for fourth building at Pittsburgh International Business Park
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Pressley Ridge students craft Penguins mural
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime