Newsmaker: Dan Robinson
Noteworthy: Allegheny County Manager Willy McKain this week honored Robinson with the county's third Exemplary Employee Award, which is presented periodically throughout the year in recognition of exceptional achievements by a county employee or employee group.
Residence: Penn Hills
Family: Daughters, Vachelle and Danielle; grandchildren, Trevon, Tyrese and Jasmine.
Occupation: Manager of the Director's Action Line within the Department of Human Services. It fields and addresses concerns and complaints from consumers of county services and investigates them when necessary.
Background: An Alabama native, Robinson moved to Pittsburgh in 1972. He worked in the mental health field at the former Braddock Hospital beginning in 1976 and later at UPMC McKeesport, where he still works part-time as a mental health specialist. Robinson became a case worker with the county's department of Children, Youth and Services in 1997 and moved to the Department of Human Services two years later as a program specialist. He became manager of the Director's Action Line in 2002.
Education: Bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “I see this as a recognition and validation of the work we do here in this office.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat