Newsmaker: Samuel Braver
By Thomas Olson
Published: Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, 6:53 p.m.
Noteworthy: Received the 2013 Professionalism Award from the Allegheny County Bar Association's Civil Litigation Section on Oct. 17.
Residence: Summerset at Frick Park, Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Cathy; sons Joshua, 33, Jordan, 30; stepson Jed, 27
Occupation: Shareholder at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney law firm.
Background: Represented businesses and banks in state and federal courts for 37 years. A Fellow at the American College of Trial Lawyers. Past president of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
Education: Law degree from Duquesne University School of Law in 1974; bachelor's degree in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1971
Quote: “It's a lot easier to practice the day-to-day aspects of being a trial lawyer when you do it in an honorable way. But it takes a lot more work if you disregard professional boundaries.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States
- Would-be drillers quizzed by Allegheny County Council committee
- Crisis nursery in Larimer will fill a need, founders believe
- District attorney’s office takes paperwork from Wilkinsburg Middle School
- Foundations team to make offer for August Wilson Center
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Ex-detective picked for Pittsburgh’s Citizen Police Review Board
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Newsmaker: Jerry Weber
- Several Duquesne homes damaged in fire
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying