Newsmaker Jayme Graham
Noteworthy: Jayme Graham has been elected to the board of directors of the Air and Waste Management Association. The group is based in Pittsburgh and has 5,500 members in 57 countries.
Residence: Baldwin Borough
Family: Graham is one of seven children and a life-long Baldwin Borough resident
Occupation: Manager of the Air Quality Planning Section of the Allegheny County Health Department.
Background: Graham has worked for the health department for more than 32 years, hired right after college to complete an 18-month research project that turned into a career. The monitoring of air quality in Allegheny she started then continues to this day. In 1994, she traveled to the Czech Republic to share expertise on monitoring air quality.
Education: Graduated in 1980 with a bachelor's of science in chemical engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's a puzzle. And I love puzzles. It's a matter of how to best protect the air while allowing for industrial growth.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CCAC president looks to fill educational niche in burgeoning restaurant industry
- Newsmaker: Stacy Kehoe
- Knoxville man charged in high-speed chase through city
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- Police seek couple in assault, robbery
- Jury acquits man accused of 2005 murder in Braddock
- Iran, powers struggle to overcome disputes in push for nuclear deal
- Newsmaker: Jeff Ritter
- Despite demand, women comprise only 11 percent of cyber security workers