Newsmaker Jayme Graham
Noteworthy: Jayme Graham has been elected to the board of directors of the Air and Waste Management Association. The group is based in Pittsburgh and has 5,500 members in 57 countries.
Residence: Baldwin Borough
Family: Graham is one of seven children and a life-long Baldwin Borough resident
Occupation: Manager of the Air Quality Planning Section of the Allegheny County Health Department.
Background: Graham has worked for the health department for more than 32 years, hired right after college to complete an 18-month research project that turned into a career. The monitoring of air quality in Allegheny she started then continues to this day. In 1994, she traveled to the Czech Republic to share expertise on monitoring air quality.
Education: Graduated in 1980 with a bachelor's of science in chemical engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's a puzzle. And I love puzzles. It's a matter of how to best protect the air while allowing for industrial growth.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Bridge inspections, washing to impact Pittsburgh traffic
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- Work set for Parkway West
- Newsmaker: Bryant Andrews-Nino
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch
- Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate