Newsmaker Jayme Graham
Noteworthy: Jayme Graham has been elected to the board of directors of the Air and Waste Management Association. The group is based in Pittsburgh and has 5,500 members in 57 countries.
Residence: Baldwin Borough
Family: Graham is one of seven children and a life-long Baldwin Borough resident
Occupation: Manager of the Air Quality Planning Section of the Allegheny County Health Department.
Background: Graham has worked for the health department for more than 32 years, hired right after college to complete an 18-month research project that turned into a career. The monitoring of air quality in Allegheny she started then continues to this day. In 1994, she traveled to the Czech Republic to share expertise on monitoring air quality.
Education: Graduated in 1980 with a bachelor's of science in chemical engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's a puzzle. And I love puzzles. It's a matter of how to best protect the air while allowing for industrial growth.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Poor infrastructure may hinder aid efforts in Nepal after earthquake
- Allegheny County Council will have new look
- District 7 candidates for Pittsburgh council vow to protect poorer communities
- Newsmakers: Danielle and Patrik McKain
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Body found on North Side
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets