Newsmaker: Mary Bockovich
Noteworthy: Elected vice president of the board of directors at East Liberty-based Sojourner House, which provides faith-based residential treatment and other services to women recovering from addiction. Women who are parenting or pregnant can bring up to three children with them so they don't have to enter foster care.
Occupation: Director of development at Banksville-based Familylinks, which provides family services focused on behavioral, social and developmental health
Background: Has worked in human services for 25 years, including the past two and a half years with Familylinks and seven years before that at the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force.
Education: Bachelor's degree in English from Duquesne University
Quote: “We believe that all of us have struggles and judgment doesn't serve anybody's purpose.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- 100 without water in Baldwin Borough and Brentwood, repairs hampered by cold
- ‘Bus rapid transit’ link from Oakland to Downtown slow to actualize
- Loose barges on Monongahela River highlight woes of winter’s end
- Minority employment report: Diversified workforce lacking in Western Pa.
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Pittsburgh chess tournament likely to include pair of grandmasters
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Department of Education scrutinizes Point Park for response to sexual assault claims
- Power outage shutters several Pitt campus buildings