Photo Gallery: Children's Harvest Festival
The Children's Harvest Festival drew more than 400 people Sunday to the Oliver Miller Homestead in South Park.
The pioneer landmark and Whiskey Rebellion site offered family activities and gave children a chance to try frontier crafts such as tin-punching, corn crafts, butter-churning, and quill-pen writing.
The homestead is open Sunday afternoons until Dec. 8.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- County Council exempts jail health care workers from residency requirement
- Security cameras, more police planned at Monroeville Mall
- Attorney General accuses Golden Living homes of failing to provide basic services to elderly
- Scaife estates’ decor set to hit auction block, could fetch $2M
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Hispanic migration to Western Pennsylvania double national rate
- Allegheny County sheriff’s deputy kept cool as bullets flew in car chase
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- 1 killed, 4 hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Pittsburgh settles former police trainee’s disability discrimination lawsuit