Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix sets new record for fundraising
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix raised a record $350,000 this year, far surpassing last year's record of $250,000, race officials announced.
This year's amount raises the total donated through the event to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and Allegheny Valley School to $3.5 million since 1983, organizers said last week.
About 250,000 people attended the event, which ran from July 12-21 in Oakland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Squirrel Hill Tunnel workers cope with speeders, exhaust fumes
- Sewickley man dies in Route 28 motorcycle accident
- Emails show Allegheny County Council staff investigated potential snooping
- Pennsylvania Resources Council puts hazardous materials in their place
- West Allegheny School District scraps landfill tax over legal questions
- Generations of Steelers fans flock to practice on Unity campus
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Fire at Indiana County lumber yard appears accidental; loss set at $350K
- $24M water filter project at Aspinwall treatment plant nears kickoff
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry