Man dies in Mt. Oliver shooting
A man died in a shooting inside a Mt. Oliver apartment Sunday morning, officials said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the 49-year-old man, whose name was not being released pending notification of his family, was shot in the apartment on Stamm Street about 11 a.m. He was taken to UPMC Mercy, where he died.
County police are investigating. They could not be reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District judge who performed state’s first same-sex wedding looks higher
- Most heavy drinkers aren’t alcoholics, CDC determines, reversing long-held belief
- Snow traps Niagara University women’s hoops team on bus for 26 hours
- VA promotion for administrator stuns legislator
- Newsmaker: The Revs. James E. Hunt and Sheila Johnson Hunt
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- Expansion in Squirrel Hill excites Friendship Circle
- Passenger traffic beginning to climb at Pittsburgh International Airport
- ATV restrictions considered in Hampton
- County executive Fitzgerald’s proposal for take-home vehicles meets resistance
- Hill District residents want neighborhood’s interests protected