Man dies in Mt. Oliver shooting
A man died in a shooting inside a Mt. Oliver apartment Sunday morning, officials said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said the 49-year-old man, whose name was not being released pending notification of his family, was shot in the apartment on Stamm Street about 11 a.m. He was taken to UPMC Mercy, where he died.
County police are investigating. They could not be reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- German firm Nextbike to provide first 500 bikes for Pittsburgh sharing program
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk
- Fall from Hazelwood roof kills man
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear
- Tax exemptions cost Allegheny County governments $620M, auditor general reports
- Demand for modest housing for low-income tenants on rise in Pittsburgh
- Strip District merchants say pay stations will drive out shoppers relying on free spots
- DA: Fired Century III Mall manager stole $51K