Ross man charged in gas station robbery
Police have arrested a Ross man and charged him with robbing a McKnight Road gas station in May.
Ross police and the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office matched fingerprints from the May 15 robbery at the Exxon gas station to James Doner III, 30, of Ross, said police spokesman Det. Brian Kohlhepp.
A warrant was issued for one count of robbery, and Doner was picked up at a traffic stop on Oct. 19. He also was charged with three counts of burglary, which Kohlhepp said Doner had committed to support a drug habit.
Doner was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail, Kohlhepp said. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects