Ross man charged in gas station robbery
Police have arrested a Ross man and charged him with robbing a McKnight Road gas station in May.
Ross police and the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office matched fingerprints from the May 15 robbery at the Exxon gas station to James Doner III, 30, of Ross, said police spokesman Det. Brian Kohlhepp.
A warrant was issued for one count of robbery, and Doner was picked up at a traffic stop on Oct. 19. He also was charged with three counts of burglary, which Kohlhepp said Doner had committed to support a drug habit.
Doner was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail, Kohlhepp said. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Newsmaker: Alessandro Acquisti
- Comcast covers Western Pa. with volunteers
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- Western Pa. experts say nonprofit mergers take work
- Allegheny County DA, Monroeville police team to reduce drug activity, violent crime
- Band-Aid approach to infrastructure can’t continue, U.S. transportation chief says in Pittsburgh
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills