Ross man charged in gas station robbery
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, 10:42 a.m.
Police have arrested a Ross man and charged him with robbing a McKnight Road gas station in May.
Ross police and the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office matched fingerprints from the May 15 robbery at the Exxon gas station to James Doner III, 30, of Ross, said police spokesman Det. Brian Kohlhepp.
A warrant was issued for one count of robbery, and Doner was picked up at a traffic stop on Oct. 19. He also was charged with three counts of burglary, which Kohlhepp said Doner had committed to support a drug habit.
Doner was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail, Kohlhepp said. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man found fatally shot in Larimer a mile away from Homewood peace march
- Newsmaker: Toni Silva
- Officials ID Elizabeth Township man as West End train victim
- Everest avalanche kills 12 in peak’s deadliest climb
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Carnegie museum exhibit explores race relations
- Work on tournament-class dek hockey rink in Bloomfield to begin