Ross man charged in gas station robbery
Police have arrested a Ross man and charged him with robbing a McKnight Road gas station in May.
Ross police and the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office matched fingerprints from the May 15 robbery at the Exxon gas station to James Doner III, 30, of Ross, said police spokesman Det. Brian Kohlhepp.
A warrant was issued for one count of robbery, and Doner was picked up at a traffic stop on Oct. 19. He also was charged with three counts of burglary, which Kohlhepp said Doner had committed to support a drug habit.
Doner was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail, Kohlhepp said. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Executive order tightens security to combat identity fraud
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships