Ross man charged in gas station robbery
Police have arrested a Ross man and charged him with robbing a McKnight Road gas station in May.
Ross police and the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office matched fingerprints from the May 15 robbery at the Exxon gas station to James Doner III, 30, of Ross, said police spokesman Det. Brian Kohlhepp.
A warrant was issued for one count of robbery, and Doner was picked up at a traffic stop on Oct. 19. He also was charged with three counts of burglary, which Kohlhepp said Doner had committed to support a drug habit.
Doner was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail, Kohlhepp said. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 4.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Easter Seals merger in Pennsylvania raises ethics concerns
- Federal grand jury indicts chief operations manager for Pittsburgh office of Horizons Hospice
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Firefighters battle blaze in Upper St. Clair
- Pittsburgh councilwoman Rudiak announces bid for city controller
- Moon board president vows to end disruption of official business at meetings
- PUC fines 8 transport companies, including 2 in Western Pennsylvania
- Southwest announces daily nonstop flight between Pittsburgh, Dallas Love Field
- Man hurt in 3-vehicle wreck on Interstate 79
- Housing Authority OKs $36.2 million for 2nd phase of Hill District development
- Police arrest Allegheny County fugitive wanted for North Fayette burglary