Newsmaker: Andrew Witchger
Residence: Duquesne University, Uptown
Family: Parents, Andrew and Janet; sisters, Jessica, 23, Kathryn, 22; brother, Christian, 20
Background: Witchger is a senior at Duquesne with a double major in physics and computer science. He previously traveled the world with his family as part of the Shaelaurel Band.
Noteworthy: He was selected for a prestigious grant study program with the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institute for Nuclear Physics-Italy this past summer.
Quote: “I was very, very excited. It was an incredible experience.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- Wilkinsburg father ordered to have no contact with daughter or her grandmother
- Trial of man accused of shooting cyclist in Allentown begins
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Free speech wall rises at Carlow University
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Marshals find suspect in fatal Mercer County shooting in Pittsburgh
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona
- Icy streets leave some in Pittsburgh neighborhoods critical of city
- Long-term closures at Carnegie interchange on Parkway West to begin