Newsmaker: Andrew Witchger
Residence: Duquesne University, Uptown
Family: Parents, Andrew and Janet; sisters, Jessica, 23, Kathryn, 22; brother, Christian, 20
Background: Witchger is a senior at Duquesne with a double major in physics and computer science. He previously traveled the world with his family as part of the Shaelaurel Band.
Noteworthy: He was selected for a prestigious grant study program with the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institute for Nuclear Physics-Italy this past summer.
Quote: “I was very, very excited. It was an incredible experience.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplant
- Pittsburgh is planning to add network of bike lanes through Oakland
- Public Utility Commission will consider Yellow Cab fare hikes
- Amtrak still working to add bicycle racks to Western Pa. train routes
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- 2 firefighters injured in Millvale house fire
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- Newsmaker: Jesabel I. Rivera-Guerra
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor