Crash kills Plum motorcyclist in Fox Chapel
A 22-year-old Plum man died Saturday from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident in Fox Chapel.
The accident was reported around 4:45 p.m. in the 500 block of Squaw Run Road, Allegheny County emergency dispatch reported.
The county medical examiner's office identified the man as Joseph Lutz.
He was wearing a helmet, a forensic investigator said. An autopsy will be performed Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Newsmaker: Christopher W. Robinson
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Cybersecurity experts warn Pittsburgh conference about dangers of hacking
- Carrick man struck by dump truck dies; woman critically injured
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Best beer to Bier: North Side man’s porter tops at competition
- Cyber dating abuse ‘common,’ Children’s scientists find
- ‘Collapse’ displaces 20 residents of condemned Penn Hills rowhouses
- Police charge 18-year-old Penn Hills man in East Liberty shooting