Newsmaker: Dimitris Kraniou
By Andrew Conte
Published: Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
Noteworthy: Presented a paper at the American Society for Competitiveness' 24th annual Conference on “Neo-Mercantilism in an Age of Austerity: Thoughts on the Global Economic Pathology.”
Family: Wife, Maria; sons, John, 32, and Dean, 30
Education: University of Pittsburgh, bachelor's degree in economics, 1976; master's degree in economics, 1977; doctorate on international political economy and international administration issues, 1983.
Occupation: Chair of the Department of Global Management and Organization, Point Park University.
Background: A Greece native, Kraniou researched the impact of international trade policies on the implementation of economic austerity measures in Greece and other European countries.
Quote: “I have lived in the United States for the past 45 years and I have spent most of my time in the United States, but being of Greek descent and keeping up with the European Union, I make a sincere effort to see what unfolds there.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Several Duquesne homes damaged in fire
- Defense experts tell of disease they say claimed 4-month-old from Castle Shannon whose father is charged with homicide
- Moon school hiring under fire
- Methane emission levels by shale natural gas drillers disputed by EPA, researchers
- Allegheny County employees sticking with Highmark to save money, send message
- Leader guided changes at Robert Morris
- For undercover officer who tried to nab Lawrence County flasher, work can be ‘drag’