Newsmaker: Dimitris Kraniou
Noteworthy: Presented a paper at the American Society for Competitiveness' 24th annual Conference on “Neo-Mercantilism in an Age of Austerity: Thoughts on the Global Economic Pathology.”
Family: Wife, Maria; sons, John, 32, and Dean, 30
Education: University of Pittsburgh, bachelor's degree in economics, 1976; master's degree in economics, 1977; doctorate on international political economy and international administration issues, 1983.
Occupation: Chair of the Department of Global Management and Organization, Point Park University.
Background: A Greece native, Kraniou researched the impact of international trade policies on the implementation of economic austerity measures in Greece and other European countries.
Quote: “I have lived in the United States for the past 45 years and I have spent most of my time in the United States, but being of Greek descent and keeping up with the European Union, I make a sincere effort to see what unfolds there.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lincoln Place man accused of hitting Port Authority police officer with SUV bound to court
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- Tree giveaway kicks off Earth Week in Pittsburgh
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- Social media tip-offs missed in melee outside Monroeville Mall, security specialist says
- Mock trial team from Florida university wins national competition in Pittsburgh
- Now debt-free, August Wilson Center to offer bookings again
- Justice halts religious groups’ birth control opt-out role