Mt. Washington raid nets weapons and drugs
Police found two dozen guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition and drugs when they raided a Mt. Washington home on Friday.
Jonathan Richter, 26, remained in the Allegheny County Jail on Saturday on offenses including lying on a firearm application, receiving stolen property and drug possession.
A SWAT team went into Richter's house on Hallock Street about 1:40 p.m, according to a police affidavit. There, police said, they found handguns, shotguns, assault rifles and body armor throughout the house, with several of the guns loaded.
Police said Richter lied on applications to buy the guns when he stated he didn't use marijuana, but told police when they raided his house that he had been using the drug regularly since 2011, the affidavit stated. At least one gun had been reported stolen, police added.
Police found marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin and other drugs in the home, according to a police complaint.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Coraopolis
- Trib wins 12 Golden Quills
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
- DOJ program goal: Increased trust between law enforcement, community
- Analyst says Pa. senate race leans toward Toomey — because Democrats ‘loathe’ Sestak
- Under Armour latest tenant on Allegheny County Airport Authority property
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- Grand jury investigating Plum sex scandal involving possibly 8 students
- 9 juveniles charged in connection with opening day disturbance at Kennywood
- Police seize heroin, cash in North Versailles
- Pennsylvania Sen. Casey seeks to provide aid to repairing locally owned bridges