Mt. Washington raid nets weapons and drugs
Police found two dozen guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition and drugs when they raided a Mt. Washington home on Friday.
Jonathan Richter, 26, remained in the Allegheny County Jail on Saturday on offenses including lying on a firearm application, receiving stolen property and drug possession.
A SWAT team went into Richter's house on Hallock Street about 1:40 p.m, according to a police affidavit. There, police said, they found handguns, shotguns, assault rifles and body armor throughout the house, with several of the guns loaded.
Police said Richter lied on applications to buy the guns when he stated he didn't use marijuana, but told police when they raided his house that he had been using the drug regularly since 2011, the affidavit stated. At least one gun had been reported stolen, police added.
Police found marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin and other drugs in the home, according to a police complaint.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- Alcoa judgement helps U.S. Attorney’s Office collect 5 times its budget
- La Roche College to accept up to 90 credits from community college students
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough
- State leaders give input on budget woes at Pittsburgh meeting
- Newsmaker: Sister Rita Yeasted
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Judges with Pittsburgh ties enter race for Pa. Supreme Court
- Surgery for man shot by Pittsburgh officer on hold amid legal limbo