Mt. Washington raid nets weapons and drugs
Police found two dozen guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition and drugs when they raided a Mt. Washington home on Friday.
Jonathan Richter, 26, remained in the Allegheny County Jail on Saturday on offenses including lying on a firearm application, receiving stolen property and drug possession.
A SWAT team went into Richter's house on Hallock Street about 1:40 p.m, according to a police affidavit. There, police said, they found handguns, shotguns, assault rifles and body armor throughout the house, with several of the guns loaded.
Police said Richter lied on applications to buy the guns when he stated he didn't use marijuana, but told police when they raided his house that he had been using the drug regularly since 2011, the affidavit stated. At least one gun had been reported stolen, police added.
Police found marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin and other drugs in the home, according to a police complaint.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Natural gas line explodes near Steubenville, WVa
- Grandview development plan inches ahead in Mt. Washington
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Project to End Human Trafficking volunteers help Uganda
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Newsmaker: Nicole Coleman
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh nearly doubles goal with $230M pledged in largest fundraiser
- Man arrested in massive Homestead fire
- Newsmaker: John O’Brien