Newsmaker: Dr. Thomas Michael
Noteworthy: The American Board of Wound Management awarded Michael a 10-year designation as a certified wound specialist physician.
Residence: Center, Beaver County
Family: Wife, Martha; children, Thomas, Joseph and Marta.
Occupation: Director of the wound care center at Heritage Valley Health System's Beaver Hospital.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, 1985.
Background: Michael, who grew up in Center, came to Beaver Hospital in 1990 after completing a residency at UPMC Shadyside and working in a family practice in Pittsburgh. He worked as an emergency department physician for 20 years at Beaver Hospital and transitioned into specializing in caring for chronic wounds in the late 1990s. He became director of the wound care center in 2011.
Quote: “(The designation) verifies my credentials, and verifies my knowledge in the care of chronic wounds, and gives me credibility with patients.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Newsmaker: George J. Zimmerman
- Parking, traffic crunch expected on busy North Shore this weekend
- Monroeville firefighters hope hot photo calendar will help raise money
- Arizona Uzi shooting that accidentally killed instructor ‘just stupid’
- Homeowners warned of bogus land surveyors
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers, records show
- Pitt, CMU researchers shed light on how learning works
- Biden in Pittsburgh Thursday for fundraiser
- Public Utility Commission hearing arguments against Lyft
- Italian Village Pizza owners plead guilty to tax evasion, conspiracy
- Western Pennsylvania drivers at bottom of insurer’s safety rankings