Newsmaker: Dr. Thomas Michael
Noteworthy: The American Board of Wound Management awarded Michael a 10-year designation as a certified wound specialist physician.
Residence: Center, Beaver County
Family: Wife, Martha; children, Thomas, Joseph and Marta.
Occupation: Director of the wound care center at Heritage Valley Health System's Beaver Hospital.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, 1985.
Background: Michael, who grew up in Center, came to Beaver Hospital in 1990 after completing a residency at UPMC Shadyside and working in a family practice in Pittsburgh. He worked as an emergency department physician for 20 years at Beaver Hospital and transitioned into specializing in caring for chronic wounds in the late 1990s. He became director of the wound care center in 2011.
Quote: “(The designation) verifies my credentials, and verifies my knowledge in the care of chronic wounds, and gives me credibility with patients.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- ‘Rock-a-thon Queen’ keeps on rockin’ for Vincentian fundraiser
- Most primary races in Western Pennsylvania are uncontested
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Newsmaker: Susan M. Rademacher
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged