Newsmaker: Dr. Thomas Michael
Noteworthy: The American Board of Wound Management awarded Michael a 10-year designation as a certified wound specialist physician.
Residence: Center, Beaver County
Family: Wife, Martha; children, Thomas, Joseph and Marta.
Occupation: Director of the wound care center at Heritage Valley Health System's Beaver Hospital.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, 1985.
Background: Michael, who grew up in Center, came to Beaver Hospital in 1990 after completing a residency at UPMC Shadyside and working in a family practice in Pittsburgh. He worked as an emergency department physician for 20 years at Beaver Hospital and transitioned into specializing in caring for chronic wounds in the late 1990s. He became director of the wound care center in 2011.
Quote: “(The designation) verifies my credentials, and verifies my knowledge in the care of chronic wounds, and gives me credibility with patients.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Jury selection to continue in Ferrante cyanide poisoning trial
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- 1 injured when Port Authority buses collide
- Pittsburgh police officers told to stop blaming ‘Peduto Head’ for tickets
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods