Newsmaker: Dr. Thomas Michael
Noteworthy: The American Board of Wound Management awarded Michael a 10-year designation as a certified wound specialist physician.
Residence: Center, Beaver County
Family: Wife, Martha; children, Thomas, Joseph and Marta.
Occupation: Director of the wound care center at Heritage Valley Health System's Beaver Hospital.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, 1985.
Background: Michael, who grew up in Center, came to Beaver Hospital in 1990 after completing a residency at UPMC Shadyside and working in a family practice in Pittsburgh. He worked as an emergency department physician for 20 years at Beaver Hospital and transitioned into specializing in caring for chronic wounds in the late 1990s. He became director of the wound care center in 2011.
Quote: “(The designation) verifies my credentials, and verifies my knowledge in the care of chronic wounds, and gives me credibility with patients.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Blind man accused in stabbing on South Side to stand trial
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Newsmaker: Kevin Hogan
- Evacuees return to Young Hotel apartments in Pitcairn
- Sewickley man dies in Route 28 motorcycle accident