Newsmaker: Charles "Chuck" Potter Jr.
Noteworthy: Received the Tax Executive Institute of Pittsburgh's Distinguished Service Award on Dec. 5 for furthering the principles and progress of tax administration and the profession.
Residence: Mt. Lebanon
Family: Wife, Linda; son Jeffrey, 38.
Occupation: Shareholder and tax attorney at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney law firm, Downtown.
Background: Treasurer of the British-American Business Council. Member of the state and local tax committees of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Member of the American, Pennsylvania and Allegheny County bar associations.
Education: Law degree from University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1973. Bachelor of Arts degree in business and accounting from Monmouth College, Monmouth, Ill., in 1968.
Quote: “I've always had an interest in taxes, going back to college and law school, because it's a way to help people. People who have tax problems need help.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former city police chief released from federal prison
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- Homicide by vehicle trial of Munhall man Brezicky closes; verdict Monday
- 11 vying to temporarily fill Danko’s vacant seat on Allegheny County Council
- Allegheny Intermediate Unit to distribute $530,000 in STEAM grants to 28 school districts
- Medical examiner: Dormont man found near incline died of multiple injuries
- Newsmaker: Ursula Payne