Newsmaker: Charles "Chuck" Potter Jr.
Noteworthy: Received the Tax Executive Institute of Pittsburgh's Distinguished Service Award on Dec. 5 for furthering the principles and progress of tax administration and the profession.
Residence: Mt. Lebanon
Family: Wife, Linda; son Jeffrey, 38.
Occupation: Shareholder and tax attorney at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney law firm, Downtown.
Background: Treasurer of the British-American Business Council. Member of the state and local tax committees of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Member of the American, Pennsylvania and Allegheny County bar associations.
Education: Law degree from University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1973. Bachelor of Arts degree in business and accounting from Monmouth College, Monmouth, Ill., in 1968.
Quote: “I've always had an interest in taxes, going back to college and law school, because it's a way to help people. People who have tax problems need help.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Pitt, city officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Former McCandless ice cream shop owner convicted of sex charges
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Lane