Newsmaker: Jan Levine
Noteworthy: Levine is the nation's first law faculty member to win the Association of American Law Schools' Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research Award and the Thomas F. Blackwell Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Legal Writing in the same year.
Family: Wife, Doreen Regan; son, Evan Regan-Levine, 25.
Occupation: Associate professor of law and director of the legal research and writing program at Duquesne University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in sociology from the State University of New York at Albany and a law degree from Boston University.
Background: The AALS, which will hand out the awards early next year, dubbed 2014 the “Year of Jan Levine” and described him as a “visionary” in the field of legal writing and research.
Quote: “I'm thrilled to be recognized by my peers across the country after 30 years of teaching legal writing and research.”
— Tom Fontaine
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorneys say Leon Ford putting off needed surgery because of prospect of second trial
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200,000 as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Fire at a Robert Morris University dormitory hall will displace 10 students
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- State leaders give input on budget woes at Pittsburgh meeting
- Allegheny County police investigate out-of-state company that hired worker charged in fatal accident
- Coaches lead discussions to influence athletes’ attitudes toward women, avoiding violence
- Allegheny County officials to continue shuttle service in airport corridor, Mon Valley
- Judges with Pittsburgh ties enter race for Pa. Supreme Court
- Newsmaker: Dr. Lewis Kuller