Newsmaker: Jan Levine
Noteworthy: Levine is the nation's first law faculty member to win the Association of American Law Schools' Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research Award and the Thomas F. Blackwell Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Legal Writing in the same year.
Family: Wife, Doreen Regan; son, Evan Regan-Levine, 25.
Occupation: Associate professor of law and director of the legal research and writing program at Duquesne University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in sociology from the State University of New York at Albany and a law degree from Boston University.
Background: The AALS, which will hand out the awards early next year, dubbed 2014 the “Year of Jan Levine” and described him as a “visionary” in the field of legal writing and research.
Quote: “I'm thrilled to be recognized by my peers across the country after 30 years of teaching legal writing and research.”
— Tom Fontaine
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thief’s attorney blames Rivers Casino; judge isn’t swayed
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- 2 firefighters injured in Millvale house fire
- Remains of 4 early colonial leaders discovered at Jamestown
- Projects advance through Pittsburgh planning commission despite opposition
- Boy Scouts’ end to ban on gay leaders unnerves religious groups
- Man shot several times in Allentown neighborhood
- ‘Turf battle’ blamed in fights that canceled Carrick church festival
- W.Va. authorities charge 87 with drug trafficking
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor