Newsmaker: Jan Levine
Noteworthy: Levine is the nation's first law faculty member to win the Association of American Law Schools' Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research Award and the Thomas F. Blackwell Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Legal Writing in the same year.
Family: Wife, Doreen Regan; son, Evan Regan-Levine, 25.
Occupation: Associate professor of law and director of the legal research and writing program at Duquesne University.
Education: Bachelor's degree in sociology from the State University of New York at Albany and a law degree from Boston University.
Background: The AALS, which will hand out the awards early next year, dubbed 2014 the “Year of Jan Levine” and described him as a “visionary” in the field of legal writing and research.
Quote: “I'm thrilled to be recognized by my peers across the country after 30 years of teaching legal writing and research.”
— Tom Fontaine
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Knoxville man charged in high-speed chase through city
- Newsmaker: Stacy Kehoe
- CCAC president looks to fill educational niche in burgeoning restaurant industry
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- Police seek couple in assault, robbery
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- Energetic guest conductor inspires fresh performances