Newsmaker: Jendayi E. Frazer
By Andrew Conte
Published: Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Noteworthy: Appointed to the Board of Directors of The MasterCard Foundation.
Neighborhood: Splits time between Munhall and Washington, D.C.
Education: Stanford University, B.A. in political science and African and Afro-American studies, 1985; M.A. in international policy studies, 1985; M.A. in international development education, 1989; Ph.D. in political science, 1994.
Employment: Director of Carnegie Mellon University's Center for International Policy & Innovation.
Quote: “The number of young people in Africa is over 600 million. That number is going to double over the next few years. If you don't have education as well as access to financial opportunities and entrepreneurship, which the foundation is focused on providing, you're going to have an explosive situation.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Film tax credits bill would bump up state budget
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Change in kidney allocation rules should help patients
- Patients nationwide die waiting as 1 in 5 kidneys rejected by doctors