Newsmaker: Jendayi E. Frazer
Noteworthy: Appointed to the Board of Directors of The MasterCard Foundation.
Neighborhood: Splits time between Munhall and Washington, D.C.
Education: Stanford University, B.A. in political science and African and Afro-American studies, 1985; M.A. in international policy studies, 1985; M.A. in international development education, 1989; Ph.D. in political science, 1994.
Employment: Director of Carnegie Mellon University's Center for International Policy & Innovation.
Quote: “The number of young people in Africa is over 600 million. That number is going to double over the next few years. If you don't have education as well as access to financial opportunities and entrepreneurship, which the foundation is focused on providing, you're going to have an explosive situation.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault