Newsmaker: Jendayi E. Frazer
Noteworthy: Appointed to the Board of Directors of The MasterCard Foundation.
Neighborhood: Splits time between Munhall and Washington, D.C.
Education: Stanford University, B.A. in political science and African and Afro-American studies, 1985; M.A. in international policy studies, 1985; M.A. in international development education, 1989; Ph.D. in political science, 1994.
Employment: Director of Carnegie Mellon University's Center for International Policy & Innovation.
Quote: “The number of young people in Africa is over 600 million. That number is going to double over the next few years. If you don't have education as well as access to financial opportunities and entrepreneurship, which the foundation is focused on providing, you're going to have an explosive situation.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Newsmaker: Alessandro Acquisti
- Comcast covers Western Pa. with volunteers
- Western Pa. experts say nonprofit mergers take work
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- Transportation challenges rife as Pittsburgh focuses on making fixes
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts