Newsmaker: Chandra Kannan
Noteworthy: Gov. Tom Corbett appointed Kannan to the state Pedalcycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee. It provides advice and comments to officials and agencies such as PennDOT on cycling and pedestrian activities that the state is undertaking or financially supporting.
Residence: Adams Township
Family: Husband and daughter
Occupation: Project manager for FedEx Corp., overseeing information technology programs
Education: Bachelor of Science from the University of Madras
Quote: “(The committee) wanted someone who would speak their mind and make a difference. I am looking forward to working with the rest of the team to meet the goals and expectations that come with this appointment.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Emails show Allegheny County Council staff investigated potential snooping
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Sewickley man dies in Route 28 motorcycle accident
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Crisis of children seeps into Pittsburgh