Newsmaker: Dr. Susan Manzi
Dr. Susan Manzi
Noteworthy: Manzi was named to the editorial board of the peer-review journal Lupus Science & Medicine.
Residence: Franklin Park
Family: Partner, Joseph Ahearn; children, Lauren, 28, Michael, 23, J.T., 22, Jenna, 21 and Olivia, 20
Occupation: Co-director of the West Penn Allegheny Health System's Lupus Center of Excellence and chairwoman of the Department of Medicine for West Penn Allegheny.
Background: Manzi is a member of the board of directors and the medical advisory committee for the Lupus Foundation of Americ. She is secretary/treasurer of the Systemic Lupus International Cooperating Clinics Committee.
Education: Bachelor of Science in biology from the University of Notre Dame; medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh; a residency at Duke University.
Quote: “It is a brand new journal. It will focus on cutting-edge research. It's nice to see the creation of world-class journal.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man killed in SUV rollover on Parkway East
- Veterans Administration settles another Legionnaire’s lawsuit
- Pittsburgh to consider giving its workers 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at Turnpike Commission
- 3-D images to help police in Western Pa. navigate terror, hostage scenes
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses