Parkway North traffic to be restricted nightly Tuesday through Friday
The Parkway North will be reduced to a single lane in both directions between the Perrysville Avenue and West View exits from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday through Friday nights.
Road shoulder closures also will occur nightly, the Allegheny County Public Works department said. The closures are needed so workers can take down a protective shielding over I-279 as part of the preservation project of the Levi Bird Duff Bridge, which carries Center Street over the Parkway North between Bellevue and Ross.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- $500K grant to fund bike sharing comes through for Pittsburgh
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear
- Strip District merchants say pay stations will drive out shoopers relying on free spots
- Tax exemptions cost Allegheny County governments $620M, auditor general reports
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Newsmaker: Gregory Reed
- PennDOT to begin changing Glenbury Street Friday, part of Route 51/ 88 intersection rehab
- Inspections will force Liberty Bridge lane closures on Friday
- Portion of Baum Boulevard closed after bricks fall from building
- Pennsylvania constables need oversight to reduce problems, officials say