Work to affect traffic on two stretches of Route 51 in Pittsburgh
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014, 10:57 p.m.
Two public projects could affect traffic on different parts of Route 51 in Pittsburgh starting Monday.
Port Authority will close the Wabash Tunnel connecting Route 51 and the South Side from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily through Friday. Crews are replacing a ventilation fan.
Further south in Carrick, PennDOT will close the right-hand northbound lane of 51 nightly between Stewart Avenue and Ivyglen Street. The closure will happen from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on weeknights through Feb. 28. Crews are working on a Verizon utility vault, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Newsmaker: Leah Pileggi
- Film tax credits bill would bump up state budget
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril