1 airlifted to hospital after Richland crash
An emergency medical helicopter descended on Richland this morning after a single-vehicle crash left one person injured, according to an Allegheny County dispatch supervisor.
The vehicle hit a utility pole in the 5300 block of Ranalli Drive, near the North Park Clubhouse, about 8:15 a.m., police said. The unidentified person was flown to a trauma center nearby.
County officials urged caution if traveling through the area. Crews will be on site later in the day to repair wires pulled from a transformer pole during the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Pittsburgh crime down overall in 2013 but rapes, homicides increased
- TSA finds .380-caliber handgun in carry-on bag at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Squirrel Hill Tunnel workers cope with speeders, exhaust fumes
- Turtle Creek’s man death ruled a homicide
- Allegheny County alert system expands to public works, health
- Evacuees return to Young Hotel apartments in Pitcairn
- Approval for Wal-Mart closer in McCandless