1 airlifted to hospital after Richland crash
An emergency medical helicopter descended on Richland this morning after a single-vehicle crash left one person injured, according to an Allegheny County dispatch supervisor.
The vehicle hit a utility pole in the 5300 block of Ranalli Drive, near the North Park Clubhouse, about 8:15 a.m., police said. The unidentified person was flown to a trauma center nearby.
County officials urged caution if traveling through the area. Crews will be on site later in the day to repair wires pulled from a transformer pole during the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- University, Pittsburgh officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Close vote expected on posting restaurant grades in Allegheny County
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Newsmaker: Master Sgt. Edward Altmeyer
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests