Newsmaker: Kelly Hughes
Noteworthy: Pittsburgh City Council honored Hughes and Pgh Momtourage — the web-based group she founded — by declaring Feb. 11 Pgh Momtourage Day in the city.
Residence: Bon Air
Family: Husband, Andrew; children Graham, 5, and Eden, 3
Education: Bachelor's degree from Northland International University in Wisconsin
Community: Active in Three Rivers Grace Church, where Andrew works, and the Elliott Community Group
About Pgh Momtourage: Through Hughes' blog and social media sites, the group that she started more than four years ago brings together mothers and their children across the area through play dates. She has organized more than 200 events with a core group of about 20 moms and 30-40 children.
Quote: “We're starting to have kids hit school age, so we'll continue to grow our online community and see what the future holds.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Would-be Troy Hill carjackers scared off by sirens
- Pa. spends millions on death penalty cases that rarely end in execution
- 17-year-old male killed, 15-year-old female shot in McKeesport
- Pittsburgh police officer hits pedestrian in East Liberty
- African-American Heritage Day Parade in Pittsburgh draws more than 40 groups
- Police urge caution after several Perry South break-ins
- Mt. Lebanon considers sharpshooters to help thin deer herd
- 10-county regional transportation alliance to form in Western Pa.
- Police: Man steals cash from tip jar at South Side restaurant