Allegheny County: Verizon landline outage fixed
A landline outage on Thursday morning temporarily prevented about 5,000 Verizon customers with phone numbers in the 412 area code from calling 911.
Customers with the exchanges 819, 881, 882, 884, 885 and 886 were able call each other within those exchanges, but not outside, Allegheny County spokeswoman Amie Downs said.
The outage was fixed by about 7:20 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial