Allegheny County: Verizon landline outage fixed
A landline outage on Thursday morning temporarily prevented about 5,000 Verizon customers with phone numbers in the 412 area code from calling 911.
Customers with the exchanges 819, 881, 882, 884, 885 and 886 were able call each other within those exchanges, but not outside, Allegheny County spokeswoman Amie Downs said.
The outage was fixed by about 7:20 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits
- North Versailles couple faults construction company for damage to property
- Ex-prosecutor concerned with latest Pa. child abuse findings
- Planned Uptown revival priority for City of Pittsburgh
- With ‘Ravenstahl Field’ awaiting approval, Pittsburgh City Council approves naming guidelines
- Arrivals from Paris soon will avoid extra screening at Pittsburgh International
- Carnegie Library, recently in crisis mode, reports surplus, passes fundraising goal
- Allegheny County Court judge removes Brentley from City Council primary ballot
- Two with experience in the mental health system nominated to Allegheny County board
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved out of $90K