Eight Pittsburgh firefighters promoted
Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto on Thursday promoted eight firefighters in the department. They are:
• Capt. Daniel Herr to battalion chief with Hazardous Materials Unit 4020
• Lt. Timothy May to captain with Truck Co. No. 30 (Elliott)
• Lt. Mark Rectenwald to captain with Truck Co. No. 14 (Oakland)
• Lt. Mark Gasiorowski to captain with Truck Co. No. 8 (East Liberty)
• Firefighter Matt Hazel to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 19 (Swisshelm Park)
• Firefighter Jason Batts to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 28 (Beechview)
• Firefighter Gregory Schanck to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 12 (Greenfield)
• Firefighter Craig Mahouski to lieutenant, Engine Co. No. 26 (Brookline)
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Mark Zacur Noteworthy: Mark Zacur …
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- FTC chief Brill calls on companies to protect privacy online
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire