Eight Pittsburgh firefighters promoted
Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto on Thursday promoted eight firefighters in the department. They are:
• Capt. Daniel Herr to battalion chief with Hazardous Materials Unit 4020
• Lt. Timothy May to captain with Truck Co. No. 30 (Elliott)
• Lt. Mark Rectenwald to captain with Truck Co. No. 14 (Oakland)
• Lt. Mark Gasiorowski to captain with Truck Co. No. 8 (East Liberty)
• Firefighter Matt Hazel to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 19 (Swisshelm Park)
• Firefighter Jason Batts to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 28 (Beechview)
• Firefighter Gregory Schanck to lieutenant with Engine Co. No. 12 (Greenfield)
• Firefighter Craig Mahouski to lieutenant, Engine Co. No. 26 (Brookline)
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Job prospects drawing workers to Western Pennsylvania
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Marshall land parcel along Route 910 eyed as park site
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- CDC backlog means W.Pa, likely won’t get respiratory virus diagnoses quickly
- Man shot outside his home in Penn Hills
- Coach accused in $2,400 theft from Baldwin Hockey Club
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- $5M grant sought for trade center site near Pittsburgh airport