Allegheny County seeks money for projects, including Montour Junction fields
Allegheny County will seek state money for four developments planned or under way and will apply for funds for a fifth development.
At its meeting Friday, the Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County approved applying for funds under the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program — called RACP — for $4 million for the $450 million Newbury mixed-use development in South Fayette; for $1.5 million each for the Industrial Scientific Global headquarters development in Robinson and the Westpointe Corporate Center Four office building in Moon; and for $500,000 for the Nichol Avenue Brownfield-Cooperation project by Brook Trout in Stowe Township.
The state has approved the money but requires applications to release it.
A fifth project involves seeking $3 million for infrastructure improvements to the former Sports Legacy 78-acre site called the Montour Junction property, where perhaps 11 sports fields will be developed.
Regarding the sports field, the board accepted a $1 million agreement with the Beadling Soccer Association to construct a synthetic soccer field on the site at Montour Junction — which straddles Moon, Coraopolis and Robinson. As part of the agreement, Beadling would designate the dates and times for use of the field to avoid conflicts with other soccer clubs. The county aims to build three or four synthetic soccer fields there this year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime
- Police: Estranged husband fatally shot by woman’s boyfriend after break-in attempt in Esplen
- Duquesne Club seeks permission from city to keep 4 rooftop bee hives
- Allegheny authority bends limits on free tickets for pro sporting events
- Pittsburgh spends $11,701 for police to patrol bike lane, mostly on overtime pay
- Penn Hills school officials trying to correct transportation problems
- $21 million unfrozen for Pennsylvania school construction
- Threat at Sheraden school a ‘student hoax’
- Bethel Park police chief to retire in mid-October
- August Wilson Center face-off to start