Woman dies in crash on Liberty Avenue in Strip District
A Beaver Falls woman died when she crashed her car into a utility pole along Liberty Avenue in the Strip District on Sunday morning, authorities said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the driver as Melissa Tates, 34. She crashed into a pole at 17th Street about 7:10 a.m. Paramedics took her to UPMC Mercy, Uptown.
Police temporarily closed Liberty from 16th to 21st streets while extricating Tates from the vehicle and attempting to save her.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Pitt, city officials inspecting student housing in Oakland
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike