Carnegie Library board adds three members
The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh said Thursday that two City Council members and one city school board member have joined the library's board.
Council President Bruce Kraus appointed Theresa Kail-Smith from District 2 and Daniel Lavelle from District 6 as council representatives on the board. School board President Thomas Sumpter appointed himself as the district's representative.
The appointments increase the number of board members to 36, with the mayor's representative yet to be appointed. Kraus and Natalia Rudiak are council's other two representatives on the board.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- CMU water service to be interrupted for much of Sunday
- Job prospects drawing workers to Western Pennsylvania
- Family becomes ‘forever’
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Coach accused in $2,400 theft from Baldwin Hockey Club
- Marshall land parcel along Route 910 eyed as park site
- Local groups hope NFL lends support
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation