Newsmaker: Erin Lucas Hamilton
Erin Lucas Hamilton
Noteworthy: Hamilton, an attorney at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, won the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award at the annual meeting of the Allegheny County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division on Feb. 27. The award is given to a lawyer who exemplifies leadership and service to the legal profession and the community, with a commitment to participation in pro bono programs, or free legal services.
Residence: Squirrel Hill Family: Husband, Mark
Occupation: Hamilton focuses her law practice on business dispute litigation.
Background: Hamilton served as the 2012 chairwoman of the 2,000-member Young Lawyers Division. She is chairwoman of the Emmaus Community of Pittsburgh Young Professional Advisory Board. The Emmaus Community, based in the South Side, provides homes, care and advocacy for adults with intellectual disabilities and autism.
Education: University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2004; Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., business administration and professional writing, 2001; Upper St. Clair High School, 1997
Quote: “There are so many opportunities for young people to take on leadership roles in the community and to do good and interesting work here.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Duquense teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’