Newsmaker: Erin Lucas Hamilton
Erin Lucas Hamilton
Noteworthy: Hamilton, an attorney at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, won the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award at the annual meeting of the Allegheny County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division on Feb. 27. The award is given to a lawyer who exemplifies leadership and service to the legal profession and the community, with a commitment to participation in pro bono programs, or free legal services.
Residence: Squirrel Hill Family: Husband, Mark
Occupation: Hamilton focuses her law practice on business dispute litigation.
Background: Hamilton served as the 2012 chairwoman of the 2,000-member Young Lawyers Division. She is chairwoman of the Emmaus Community of Pittsburgh Young Professional Advisory Board. The Emmaus Community, based in the South Side, provides homes, care and advocacy for adults with intellectual disabilities and autism.
Education: University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2004; Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., business administration and professional writing, 2001; Upper St. Clair High School, 1997
Quote: “There are so many opportunities for young people to take on leadership roles in the community and to do good and interesting work here.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Police investigating fire at South Side self storage units
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing