Newsmaker: Dr. Jonas Cooper
Dr. Jonas Cooper
Noteworthy: Began a webinar for an educational series for the Heart Rhythm Society, a Washington-based organization that seeks to recognize and promote excellence in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology. The webinar will be available to an international audience and focus on how to interpret data from a defibrillator.
Family: Wife, Carla, and sons Sam, 7, and Eliot, 1.
Occupation: Director of cardiac electrophysiology for the Butler Health System
Background: Formerly worked for UPMC Health System. He was an assistant professor of medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, where he published many scholarly articles on electrophysiology.
Education: Medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2001; master's degree from Harvard University School of Public Health in 2008.
Quote: “I've had the benefit of excellent mentors over the years. I want to give back to all of the people who are going to be the next generation to interpret the (defibrillator) tracing.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Journalist Burzynski found place in public relations, military
- Handling of Plum High School sex scandal saddens victims’ advocates