Newsmaker: Dr. Jonas Cooper
Dr. Jonas Cooper
Noteworthy: Began a webinar for an educational series for the Heart Rhythm Society, a Washington-based organization that seeks to recognize and promote excellence in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology. The webinar will be available to an international audience and focus on how to interpret data from a defibrillator.
Family: Wife, Carla, and sons Sam, 7, and Eliot, 1.
Occupation: Director of cardiac electrophysiology for the Butler Health System
Background: Formerly worked for UPMC Health System. He was an assistant professor of medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, where he published many scholarly articles on electrophysiology.
Education: Medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2001; master's degree from Harvard University School of Public Health in 2008.
Quote: “I've had the benefit of excellent mentors over the years. I want to give back to all of the people who are going to be the next generation to interpret the (defibrillator) tracing.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suit seeks $5M from McKeesport authority
- Waivers granted for Garden Theater block development
- Baldwin students take in film on Nobel Peace Prize winner’s activism for girls, education
- Wilkinsburg minister raided for drugs and guns, charged with 18 felonies
- Trial scheduled in beating of black man at T station
- Pittsburgh zoo receives $9M gift — largest ever — from Mellon Foundation
- Pittsburgh’s bike sharing service starts off healthy
- Newsmaker: Sanford Asher
- Pittsburgh International Airport to focus on attracting new airlines, increasing facility’s usage
- Siblings sue over gas rights in Jefferson Hills land parcel
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K