Newsmaker: Dr. Jonas Cooper
Dr. Jonas Cooper
Noteworthy: Began a webinar for an educational series for the Heart Rhythm Society, a Washington-based organization that seeks to recognize and promote excellence in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology. The webinar will be available to an international audience and focus on how to interpret data from a defibrillator.
Family: Wife, Carla, and sons Sam, 7, and Eliot, 1.
Occupation: Director of cardiac electrophysiology for the Butler Health System
Background: Formerly worked for UPMC Health System. He was an assistant professor of medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, where he published many scholarly articles on electrophysiology.
Education: Medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2001; master's degree from Harvard University School of Public Health in 2008.
Quote: “I've had the benefit of excellent mentors over the years. I want to give back to all of the people who are going to be the next generation to interpret the (defibrillator) tracing.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- Southside zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Pittsburgh capital plans shift to repairs to police, fire, paramedic stations
- Run-down duplex that Dormont helped to rehab not on the market long
- Reserve poker player with investor backing exits tournament early
- State trooper released after Ohio Township crash
- In a first, City of Pittsburgh offers free swim lessons
- Newsmaker: Dr. J. Anthony Graves