Newsmaker: Dr. Jonas Cooper
Dr. Jonas Cooper
Noteworthy: Began a webinar for an educational series for the Heart Rhythm Society, a Washington-based organization that seeks to recognize and promote excellence in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology. The webinar will be available to an international audience and focus on how to interpret data from a defibrillator.
Family: Wife, Carla, and sons Sam, 7, and Eliot, 1.
Occupation: Director of cardiac electrophysiology for the Butler Health System
Background: Formerly worked for UPMC Health System. He was an assistant professor of medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, where he published many scholarly articles on electrophysiology.
Education: Medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2001; master's degree from Harvard University School of Public Health in 2008.
Quote: “I've had the benefit of excellent mentors over the years. I want to give back to all of the people who are going to be the next generation to interpret the (defibrillator) tracing.”
— Bill Vidonic
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Mandated sewer project to increase Alcosan customers’ bills
- Nonprofits replace humdrum charity 5Ks with rappelling
- Internet access still out of reach for some, Census figures show
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- State awards 6 Western Pennsylvania schools mentoring grants
- Fees, interest mount over August Wilson site, Dollar claims
- Preparation for drilling closes one lane of Thompson Run Road in Ross
- Latest flu vaccines offer protection from 4 influenza strains instead of traditional 3
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Jailed ex-officer could cost Pittsburgh $135K