Pittsburgh police arrest man after domestic dispute in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested an armed man Saturday after an argument in Homewood.
The city SWAT team responded about 5:35 a.m. to a domestic call on Formosa Way, police said. They said a woman reported her boyfriend left after a dispute but returned with a gun.
Police said the woman fled with her three sisters. Officers later spotted the man near the 300 block of Penn Avenue, where he was apprehended just after 6 a.m., police said.
They said he will face charges of burglary, simple assault, theft and carrying a firearm without a license. Police did not immediately release his name.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pitt, city officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- 67 apply to become next Pittsburgh police chief
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials