Newsmaker: Allegheny County Judge Kim D. Eaton
Judge Kim D. Eaton
Noteworthy: Eaton will receive the Judge James R. McGregor Award for Exceptional Contributions to the Community from Amen Corner at the organization's annual Judicial Reception on Tuesday. County Council will honor Eaton for winning the award at its meeting.
Residence: Pleasant Hills
Family: Husband, David Etzi; daughter, Samantha; son, DJ
Occupation: Judge in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Family Division. Eaton was head of the matrimony division at the former Rose, Schmidt, Hasley & DiSalle law firm before her election to the bench.
Education: Eaton graduated from Penn State University in 1978 with a degree in journalism. She attended the University of Pittsburgh Law School and graduated in 1981 as the president of her class.
Quote: “One of the reasons I'm really excited about this award is because it comes from my colleagues, and I can think of no bigger award personally than to have the respect of people I respect.”
— Aaron Aupperlee
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Propel school sends students home because of phone threat
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- 2 arrested in Wilkinsburg shooting