Newsmaker: Allegheny County Judge Kim D. Eaton
Judge Kim D. Eaton
Noteworthy: Eaton will receive the Judge James R. McGregor Award for Exceptional Contributions to the Community from Amen Corner at the organization's annual Judicial Reception on Tuesday. County Council will honor Eaton for winning the award at its meeting.
Residence: Pleasant Hills
Family: Husband, David Etzi; daughter, Samantha; son, DJ
Occupation: Judge in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Family Division. Eaton was head of the matrimony division at the former Rose, Schmidt, Hasley & DiSalle law firm before her election to the bench.
Education: Eaton graduated from Penn State University in 1978 with a degree in journalism. She attended the University of Pittsburgh Law School and graduated in 1981 as the president of her class.
Quote: “One of the reasons I'm really excited about this award is because it comes from my colleagues, and I can think of no bigger award personally than to have the respect of people I respect.”
— Aaron Aupperlee
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Arizona Uzi shooting that accidentally killed instructor ‘just stupid’
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Pitt, city officials inspecting student housing in Oakland
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best