Newsmaker: Allegheny County Judge Kim D. Eaton
Judge Kim D. Eaton
Noteworthy: Eaton will receive the Judge James R. McGregor Award for Exceptional Contributions to the Community from Amen Corner at the organization's annual Judicial Reception on Tuesday. County Council will honor Eaton for winning the award at its meeting.
Residence: Pleasant Hills
Family: Husband, David Etzi; daughter, Samantha; son, DJ
Occupation: Judge in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Family Division. Eaton was head of the matrimony division at the former Rose, Schmidt, Hasley & DiSalle law firm before her election to the bench.
Education: Eaton graduated from Penn State University in 1978 with a degree in journalism. She attended the University of Pittsburgh Law School and graduated in 1981 as the president of her class.
Quote: “One of the reasons I'm really excited about this award is because it comes from my colleagues, and I can think of no bigger award personally than to have the respect of people I respect.”
— Aaron Aupperlee
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- German firm Nextbike to provide first 500 bikes for Pittsburgh sharing program
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Fall from roof kills Hazelwood man
- Strip District merchants say pay stations will drive out shoppers relying on free spots
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear
- Tax exemptions cost Allegheny County governments $620M, auditor general reports
- Mother, daughter receive degrees together at Carlow graduation
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Newsmaker: Gregory Reed
- Investors eager to trade cash for green cards in immigration program