Man struck by train in Duquesne
A train struck and seriously injured a pedestrian Sunday morning in Duquesne.
Allegheny County police officials said a call came in at 7:48 a.m. for a report of a pedestrian struck by a train near Route 837 and Grant Street. The man was airlifted to an unspecified trauma center.
Officials did not reveal the man's identity or why he was near the tracks at the time. County police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Black leaders back developer’s offer, say it could save August Wilson Center
- I-79 resurfacing to start in Robinson, Wexford areas
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- False arrest lawsuit against Pittsburgh police settled for $115,000
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- Moon Area board reconfigures elementary buildings, votes again to close school and explore merging with Cornell
- Castle Shannon mayor honored by statewide association
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust leads applicants seeking increase in RAD money
- Georgia Senate runoff runs neck-and-neck
- Hydro Green Energy wants to build hydroelectric plant on Monongahela River
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group