Man struck by train in Duquesne
A train struck and seriously injured a pedestrian Sunday morning in Duquesne.
Allegheny County police officials said a call came in at 7:48 a.m. for a report of a pedestrian struck by a train near Route 837 and Grant Street. The man was airlifted to an unspecified trauma center.
Officials did not reveal the man's identity or why he was near the tracks at the time. County police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but weather dampens turnout
- Stories of Franklin Park man’s life of adventure kept alive as his memory dims
- Group urges Port Authority of Allegheny County to fund more transit routes
- Republican presidential candidate Trump reframes claim that Muslims cheered 9/11
- Forbes Road Career and Technology Center students restore vehicle that will be donated
- Newsmaker: Tyra Oliver
- Renovation planned for blighted homes in Garfield
- Alpine touring skiing movement faces uphill climb in Western Pa.
- U.S. must help Syrian refugees but not take them in, Carson says
- Florida counties fight state on fracking plan