1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting in Chartiers on Saturday night during an outdoor party attended by at least 100 people, police said.
Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that a man who was shot and transported by ambulance to a local hospital had died.
A second man was shot in the hand and showed up at Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side, Toler said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m. at a ballfield and playground next to Chartiers Elementary School. Toler described the party as a memorial event.
Toler said officers were searching for one shooter.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homewood welcomes nonprofit Animal Rescue League’s new shelter, clinic
- Newsmaker: Matthew Zupetic
- Warrant issued for North Side teen in Penn Hills shooting
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- Ramps reopen from East Ohio and Heinz streets to northbound Route 28
- Lawyer for man accused of Homewood shooting says he acted in self-defense
- Slow-moving train hits car in Lawrenceville
- 3 named to new Pittsburgh land bank group
- Ferrante defense questions recordkeeping of lab that tested cyanide
- 32nd District seat in Pa. perceived as pivotal for chamber control
- North Side residents work on raising $5,000 to replace gardener’s truck