1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting in Chartiers on Saturday night during an outdoor party attended by at least 100 people, police said.
Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that a man who was shot and transported by ambulance to a local hospital had died.
A second man was shot in the hand and showed up at Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side, Toler said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m. at a ballfield and playground next to Chartiers Elementary School. Toler described the party as a memorial event.
Toler said officers were searching for one shooter.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County Council will have new look
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- District 7 candidates for Pittsburgh council vow to protect poorer communities
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Poor infrastructure may hinder aid efforts in Nepal after earthquake
- Newsmakers: Danielle and Patrik McKain
- Body found on North Side
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Taxi services fret as Pittsburgh airport talks with Uber near end