1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting in Chartiers on Saturday night during an outdoor party attended by at least 100 people, police said.
Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that a man who was shot and transported by ambulance to a local hospital had died.
A second man was shot in the hand and showed up at Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side, Toler said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m. at a ballfield and playground next to Chartiers Elementary School. Toler described the party as a memorial event.
Toler said officers were searching for one shooter.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Transplant patients in limbo over coverage under UPMC-Highmark pact
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Fitzgerald stacks legislative wins as Allegheny council members struggle
- Bucar grilled by City Council, likely to win approval as public safety chief
- $24M water filter project at Aspinwall treatment plant nears kickoff
- United States proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail
- Revised anti-nepotism policy lets Allegheny County judges keep family in jobs
- Newsmakers: Miriam Klein, Amy Kerr
- Moon Area board reconfigures elementary buildings, votes again to close school and explore merging with Cornell
- Black leaders back developer’s offer, say it could save August Wilson Center
- Motive remains unclear in slaying of Kennedy Township man