1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting in Chartiers on Saturday night during an outdoor party attended by at least 100 people, police said.
Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that a man who was shot and transported by ambulance to a local hospital had died.
A second man was shot in the hand and showed up at Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side, Toler said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m. at a ballfield and playground next to Chartiers Elementary School. Toler described the party as a memorial event.
Toler said officers were searching for one shooter.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Western Pennsylvania colleges cautious about Ebola risk from students
- Pitt, city officials inspect student housing in Oakland