1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting in Chartiers on Saturday night during an outdoor party attended by at least 100 people, police said.
Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that a man who was shot and transported by ambulance to a local hospital had died.
A second man was shot in the hand and showed up at Allegheny General Hospital on the North Side, Toler said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m. at a ballfield and playground next to Chartiers Elementary School. Toler described the party as a memorial event.
Toler said officers were searching for one shooter.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- Giant Eagle provides assistance to fight proposed Wal-Mart in McCandless
- Peduto says city dropped UPMC lawsuit to help nonprofit payment talks
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight