Newsmaker: David Lassman
Noteworthy: Lassman is the winner of the 2014 Dr. Howard A. Mermelstein Leadership Award, which the Jewish Family and Children's Service of Pittsburgh presents annually to a board member who displays outstanding leadership, commitment to the community and dedication to the group's mission.
Residence: Squirrel Hill
Family: Wife, Diane; two sons, Zack, 20, and Josh, 18
Background: Lassman is a distinguished service professor at Carnegie Mellon University, where he teaches organizational behavior and strategy. He serves as treasurer of the Jewish Family and Children's Service of Pittsburgh board and on the boards of Sustainable Pittsburgh and the Steel Town Entertainment Project.
Education: Bachelor's degree in mechanical and aerospace engineering from Princeton University in 1984, master of business administration from Harvard University in 1988
Quote: “I am honored to win this award, especially since Dr. Mermelstein was my pediatrician, and there's a personal connection.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- German firm Nextbike to provide first 500 bikes for Pittsburgh sharing program
- Newsmaker: Cindy Marzock
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Peduto redefines post in just his 1st year as Pittsburgh’s mayor
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear