Newsmaker: Lois McCafferty
Noteworthy: McCafferty received a proclamation from Pittsburgh City Council commemorating her service to community organizations in Brookline. The honor, sponsored by Councilwoman Natalia Rudiak, declared Sunday, April 27, 2014, as “Lois McCafferty Day” in the city of Pittsburgh.
Family: Two adult children, Christina and Bill; two grandsons
Occupation: Board member at the Brookline Chamber of Commerce and the South Pittsburgh Development Corp.
Background: McCafferty has organized events such as the Taste of Brookline, Brookline Breezefest, Brookline Unveiled, Autumn Moon Festival and Brookline Sidewalk Sale. She has volunteered at Carrick High School and with local girls softball teams. She distributes a newsletter through the South Pittsburgh Development Corp. to update residents about construction and project developments.
Quote: “I love the people (of Brookline). I love the sense of having a place to walk around. The community itself is just very welcoming.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Civil War vet gets 21-gun salute
- Allegheny County Airport gets FAA grant to trim trees under flight path
- Man convicted in North Side stabbing
- County police officer on leave after assault charges filed
- Flooded out of Big Easy, veterinarian builds new life in Lawrenceville
- Gunfire wounds man near Riverview Park
- Port Authority of Allegheny County eyes $2M in detour costs
- One person taken to hospital after fire in Scott
- Pa. trooper jailed in co-worker’s fatal shooting during training class
- Leadership rises as issue for Pa. voters in new poll