Newsmaker: Lois McCafferty
Noteworthy: McCafferty received a proclamation from Pittsburgh City Council commemorating her service to community organizations in Brookline. The honor, sponsored by Councilwoman Natalia Rudiak, declared Sunday, April 27, 2014, as “Lois McCafferty Day” in the city of Pittsburgh.
Family: Two adult children, Christina and Bill; two grandsons
Occupation: Board member at the Brookline Chamber of Commerce and the South Pittsburgh Development Corp.
Background: McCafferty has organized events such as the Taste of Brookline, Brookline Breezefest, Brookline Unveiled, Autumn Moon Festival and Brookline Sidewalk Sale. She has volunteered at Carrick High School and with local girls softball teams. She distributes a newsletter through the South Pittsburgh Development Corp. to update residents about construction and project developments.
Quote: “I love the people (of Brookline). I love the sense of having a place to walk around. The community itself is just very welcoming.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dense fog slows Western Pa. morning rush hour; advisory extended
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Photos offer clue to assailant in fatal North Side Pittsburgh stabbling
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Pirates bow out of postseason in quiet fashion
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- Ground broken for fourth building at Pittsburgh International Business Park
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Newsmaker: Taris Vrcek
- First overnight closure of the Parkway West begins Thursday
- Police: Estranged husband fatally shot by woman’s boyfriend after break-in attempt in Esplen