Developer considering apartment project near PNC Park
The next building to go up on the North Shore could house apartments across the street from PNC Park, a developer said on Tuesday.
“We are considering a multifamily development on a parking lot area located at North Shore Drive and Mazeroski Way,” Barry Ford, president of development for Columbus, Ohio-based Continental Real Estate Cos., said during a breakfast meeting.
Ford said plans are in the preliminary stages, and he didn't offer specifics. He didn't rule out using the land for office space. Continental has exclusive rights to develop land between PNC Park and Heinz Stadium.
Ford said a parking garage would be needed.
Kevin Acklin, chief of staff and chief development officer for Mayor Bill Peduto, said the city can't afford to finance a garage project with its budget constraints. Ford said he remains confident a way will be found to finance a project.
Ford said Continental's North Shore Place I and II, being built on North Shore Drive between the stadiums, has proposals out to potential tenants. He said the firm's Building Systems Division will move into the space, which will house a Burgatory, The Cabana Bar, North Park Lounge and Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill.
Sam Spatter is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Castle-area racino remains in limbo
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Speck device monitors indoor pollution
- 17 Pennsylvania veterans inducted into Hall of Valor
- ‘Swing Night’ has feel of Prohibiton-era dance hall
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Newsmaker: Sharna Olfman
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums
- Newsmaker: Jeff Ritter
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit