Lightning strikes Monroeville house
A lightning strike damaged a home in Monroeville on Wednesday morning.
The strike was reported at 8:16 a.m. at a home on Jamison Lane, a Monroeville emergency dispatcher said.
Firefighters were investigating whether the lightning bolt hit a tree near the house, traveled through the roots to a wire fence and down the fence to the house, where a window and bricks were blown out.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- Pittsburgh airport improvements noted as CEO tries to expand activity
- 1 injured in backhoe accident in Polish Hill
- Developers share their vision for Garden Theater block on North Side
- Volunteer tutors boost adult literacy in Allegheny County
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History’s banding program a labor of love for avian expert
- National Night Out ‘a start’ for violence-prone Homewood
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays