Lightning strikes Monroeville house
A lightning strike damaged a home in Monroeville on Wednesday morning.
The strike was reported at 8:16 a.m. at a home on Jamison Lane, a Monroeville emergency dispatcher said.
Firefighters were investigating whether the lightning bolt hit a tree near the house, traveled through the roots to a wire fence and down the fence to the house, where a window and bricks were blown out.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- 1 killed, another injured in early-morning Clairton shooting
- Police: Suspect in death of Fineview toddler changed his statements
- Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship wins appeal to expand, accept more students
- Accreditation drive part of agency revamp, Allegheny County Health Department director says
- Shooting that killed Winchester Thurston grad surprised witnesses
- Allegheny County CYF worker on leave, accused of sharing child porn
- USS Requin to be closed through the fall for painting