Lightning strikes Monroeville house
A lightning strike damaged a home in Monroeville on Wednesday morning.
The strike was reported at 8:16 a.m. at a home on Jamison Lane, a Monroeville emergency dispatcher said.
Firefighters were investigating whether the lightning bolt hit a tree near the house, traveled through the roots to a wire fence and down the fence to the house, where a window and bricks were blown out.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplant
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor
- Thief’s attorney blames Rivers Casino; judge isn’t swayed
- Pittsburgh is planning to add network of bike lanes through Oakland
- Newsmaker: Stephanie McMahon
- W.Va. authorities charge 87 with drug trafficking
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- $1B rapid bridge replacement across Pa. aims for savings, safety
- Service restored following water main break in Baldwin Borough