Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Highmark asks patients to ‘Meet Dr. Right’
- 2 from Carrick charged in connection with rash of heroin overdoses
- Police confiscated cellphone of driver who struck 7-year-old girl Thursday
- Development could soon be booming in West End
- Teachers union advises lawyers for colleagues of Plum pair investigated on sex charges
- Justice halts religious groups’ birth control opt-out role
- Trib Total Media Outstanding Young Citizen Awards presents scholarship, 10 gold medals
- Allegheny County sheriff’s deputy mending from Family Court scuffle
- Voters wishing to cast ballot in May 19 primary must register by Monday
- Urban designers share ideas for revitalization of Hazelwood, Downtown