Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel
- Journalist Burzynski found place in public relations, military
- Grand jury investigating Plum sex scandal involving possibly 8 students
- Thrill of the chase: Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Newsmaker: Rich Jones
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts