Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship wins appeal to expand, accept more students
- Accreditation drive part of agency revamp, Allegheny County Health Department director says
- Police: Suspect in death of Fineview toddler changed his statements
- Allegheny County CYF worker on leave, accused of sharing child porn
- Newsmaker: Brett R. Randall
- USS Requin to be closed through the fall for painting
- Shooting that killed Winchester Thurston grad surprised witnesses
- Pope Francis calls for abortion mercy