Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work