Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- Allegheny County 911 call center opinions diverge
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing