Several pets perish in Baldwin house fire
No one was injured after a two-alarm fire broke out in Baldwin on Thursday morning.
The home in the 900 block of Streets Run Road was empty save for pets when the fire started just after 8 a.m., said Assistant Chief David Connell of the South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company.
Three dogs and several cats were in the home, he said. One dog got out a window and was reunited with the owner, Connell said. Several cats perished in the fire. The other dogs are unaccounted for.
The fire is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Family becomes ‘forever’
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy
- Professor, lawyer with Pittsburgh ties earn MacArthur ‘genius grants’
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- $5M grant sought for trade center site near Pittsburgh airport
- Police investigate armed robberies in Lawrenceville
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes