Day of Prayer for youth scheduled Saturday in Homewood
A Day of Prayer for youth is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in Homewood at the old Kentucky Fried Chicken parking lot on the corner of Frankstown and Homewood avenues.
Organizers are asking folks to bang drums, blow horns and play other musical instruments at 1 p.m. to signal the beginning of prayer for youths.
Chad Johnson, chaplain for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Mel Blount, former Steeler and founder of The Mel Blount Youth Home of Pennsylvania, are scheduled to appear. Call Oliver Dent at 412-425-1567 if you're interested in playing an instrument.
Organizer Shirley Jones Douglas said she asked bars and other businesses in the area to turn down their music at 1 p.m. Saturday to pray and all said they would.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto works to smooth path for business ties with Cuba
- U.S. Marshals task force arrests homicide suspect in Monroeville
- Bethel Park teacher’s profane tweet raises eyebrows
- Police seek help finding missing Squirrel Hill man
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- Newsmaker: Doug Ogden
- Live coverage tonight of Plum school board meeting
- $750K earmarked to help Allegheny County ‘Live Well’
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children