Road work, inspections, tunnel maintenance to affect traffic around Pittsburgh
PennDOT announced a batch of road work and inspections this week that could impact traffic on several busy highways.
The following work begins Monday unless otherwise noted:
• Crews will work on overhead signs weeknights from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Interstate 376 between the Green Tree and Interstate 79 exits, on I-279 between the Fort Pitt Bridge and East Ohio Street exits, on Route 65 between the Fort Duquesne and West End bridges, and on Crosstown Boulevard between the Liberty and Veterans bridges.
• The right-hand southbound lane of Route 28 will close from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday morning while crews pave the stretch between the 31st Street Bridge and East Ohio Street ramp.
• Crews will reduce traffic in the Fort Pitt Tunnel to single lanes in both directions from 10 p.m. Monday until 5 a.m. Tuesday for scheduled maintenance.
• A painting project will close alternating inbound lanes of the Liberty Tunnel nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through June 1.
• Bridge inspections will force the closure of lanes on Route 65 in Ben Avon from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Thursday. The affected area is between Dickinson Street and Laurel Avenue.
• Crews will close lanes on the Route 837 Duquesne Boulevard Bridge in Duquesne and West Mifflin as they inspect the span from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily through June 4.
A $5 million resurfacing project begins Monday on several major roadways in White Oak and North Versailles as PennDOT uses money from Act 89, a state transportation bill.
Crews working with Lane Construction Co. will mill and resurface the roads, improve drainage and pavement markings and repair shoulders. The work will target:
• Pennsylvania Avenue between State Street and Route 148 in White Oak, where work will take place weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. through December.
• McKeesport Boulevard between Westinghouse Avenue and Port Perry Road in North Versailles, where crews will work from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily through December.
• Westinghouse Avenue between McKeesport Boulevard and Route 148 in North Versailles, where work will occur weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. through December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- University, Pittsburgh officials inspect student housing in Oakland
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Newsmaker: Master Sgt. Edward Altmeyer
- Close vote expected on posting restaurant grades in Allegheny County