Penn Hills man killed in Maryland accident
A Saturday accident near Hagerstown, Md., killed a Penn Hills man.
Maryland State Police said Robert Sadler Jr., 59, died about 11:10 a.m. Saturday after his 2009 Kia Sorento sport utility vehicle left the westbound lane of Interstate 70 near the Maryland Route 65 exit, crossed the median and then drove across the eastbound lanes before stopping in a grove of trees and a fence.
A passenger, Elaine Marie Sadler, 63, of Penn Hills was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. State Police at the Hagerstown Barracks continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Steelers’ Bell waives pot hearing
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County