Penn Hills man killed in Maryland accident
A Saturday accident near Hagerstown, Md., killed a Penn Hills man.
Maryland State Police said Robert Sadler Jr., 59, died about 11:10 a.m. Saturday after his 2009 Kia Sorento sport utility vehicle left the westbound lane of Interstate 70 near the Maryland Route 65 exit, crossed the median and then drove across the eastbound lanes before stopping in a grove of trees and a fence.
A passenger, Elaine Marie Sadler, 63, of Penn Hills was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. State Police at the Hagerstown Barracks continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- La Roche College to accept up to 90 credits from community college students
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Judges with Pittsburgh ties enter race for Pa. Supreme Court
- State leaders give input on budget woes at Pittsburgh meeting
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Surgery for man shot by Pittsburgh officer on hold amid legal limbo
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show