Penn Hills man killed in Maryland accident
A Saturday accident near Hagerstown, Md., killed a Penn Hills man.
Maryland State Police said Robert Sadler Jr., 59, died about 11:10 a.m. Saturday after his 2009 Kia Sorento sport utility vehicle left the westbound lane of Interstate 70 near the Maryland Route 65 exit, crossed the median and then drove across the eastbound lanes before stopping in a grove of trees and a fence.
A passenger, Elaine Marie Sadler, 63, of Penn Hills was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. State Police at the Hagerstown Barracks continue to investigate the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Killings of police officers leave departments on edge
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Pope Francis calls for abortion mercy
- Food assistance rises in Western Pa. despite drop in jobless rate
- Judge allows conspiracy lawsuit against UPMC, Highmark to proceed
- Pittsburgh councilwoman introduces pair of bills to protect animals
- Woman commits suicide in North Braddock police holding cell
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Pittsburgh poised to settle lawsuits from deadly flash flood in 2011
- Newsmaker: Bob Gilbert
- 2 Brentwood council members keep positions, council approves third resignation