QV's Clapper assumes new role in statewide educational organization
Outgoing Quaker Valley Superintendent Joseph Clapper has been named as assistant executive director for the Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals.
The nonprofit organization, located near Harrisburg, offers support to school administrators with an emphasis on elementary, middle and high school principals, according to its website.
Clapper, who is retiring from Quaker Valley, is scheduled to begin working for the group in August.
He will be responsible for advocacy work for the association; providing assistance to members via professional advice and referring legal matters; and assisting with professional development needs for members.
Quaker Valley School Board members last week approved hiring Assistant Superintendent Heidi Ondek as the district's superintendent. She will assume her new role on July 1.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or email@example.com.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects