QV's Clapper assumes new role in statewide educational organization
Outgoing Quaker Valley Superintendent Joseph Clapper has been named as assistant executive director for the Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals.
The nonprofit organization, located near Harrisburg, offers support to school administrators with an emphasis on elementary, middle and high school principals, according to its website.
Clapper, who is retiring from Quaker Valley, is scheduled to begin working for the group in August.
He will be responsible for advocacy work for the association; providing assistance to members via professional advice and referring legal matters; and assisting with professional development needs for members.
Quaker Valley School Board members last week approved hiring Assistant Superintendent Heidi Ondek as the district's superintendent. She will assume her new role on July 1.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Little Free Libraries catching on in Pittsburgh region
- Newsmaker: John F. Alcorn
- Woman operating scooter struck by freight train dies in Coraopolis
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Motorist arrested for killing Colorado police cadet, injuring training officer
- Mixed-income apartments in flourishing East Liberty applauded
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- Feds want to seize cash, property from suspects in drug bust
- Last-minute tweaks under way for Pittsburgh bike share
- Governor decries low voter turnout for primary election