QV's Clapper assumes new role in statewide educational organization
Outgoing Quaker Valley Superintendent Joseph Clapper has been named as assistant executive director for the Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals.
The nonprofit organization, located near Harrisburg, offers support to school administrators with an emphasis on elementary, middle and high school principals, according to its website.
Clapper, who is retiring from Quaker Valley, is scheduled to begin working for the group in August.
He will be responsible for advocacy work for the association; providing assistance to members via professional advice and referring legal matters; and assisting with professional development needs for members.
Quaker Valley School Board members last week approved hiring Assistant Superintendent Heidi Ondek as the district's superintendent. She will assume her new role on July 1.
Bobby Cherry is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-324-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Bobby Cherry to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.